Back-end AWS Developer (node.JS)
Posted 2 months ago
Job description – Back-end developer and tech lead
We are looking for an experienced AWS Developer responsible for building out our tech
stack and making our platform more scalable and reliable. We currently run our services on
EC2 machines using Auto Scaling Groups and code in Node.JS. We operate microservices
and are looking to containerize more applications using services such as ECS, Lambda etc.
In addition to AWS native technologies, we also plan to develop an app, integrating with a
digital wallet provider and our other APIs. Various other integrations are planned, including
- Understand the current application infrastructure.
- Perform product analysis and development tasks of an increasingly complex nature which
may require extensive research and analysis
- Develop applications to design.
- Build new and/or integrate into existing APIs
- Oversee junior engineers.
- Create documentation using best practice, automated documentation applications
- Experience with the core AWS services, plus the specifics mentioned in this job description.
- Having used ECS and Lamdas in the past is a plus
- Experience with AngularJS, React, and SQL.
- WordPress experience is a plus but not absolutely required.
- Strong notions of security best practices (e.g. using IAM Roles, KMS, etc.).
- Experience in building and integrating to REST APIs
- Ability to troubleshoot distributed systems.
- Experience with building or maintaining cloud-native applications.
- Past experience with serverless approaches using AWS Lambda is a plus. For example, the
Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM).
- Intermediate to advance DevOps knowledge –AWS
- GitHub/Gitlab knowledge, repository management, issue/ticket management.
- Good time management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills. Strong command of English is a plus.